Friday 22 January 2016

Photo shoot for my music magazine

These are pictures taken from the photo shoot I did for my music magazine. The shoot was meant to replicate of a young John Lennon as he is a perfect rock artist, that my target audience will aspire to be. I had help from my friend Daniel Arnold, who modeled for my pictures. I did this in front of a green screen as this really helps with editing the image and changing the background.
This was the first photo I took. This is a wide shot and is a very good first attempt. However, shadows are very visable on the green screen and this could effect my editing. This picture suggested I needed to improve my lighting

This is a mid shot and it is still obvious that lighting is a problem as there are shadows on the green screen.

This Picture was much better, but it is a little bit dark. It was evident to me here that I needed to change the lighting in some way to make the picture a lot brighter, as this would make Daniel stand out a lot more

These pictures were behind the scenes of the photo shoot. We had 5 people doing the photo shoot; a cameramen, two people who do the lighting, the model, and the director. This help was great for me and really helpful, as it was a quick process because if I would have had to do everything myself it would have been very time consuming.










This is one of my most successful shots. As you can see the lighting is much better. This shows much more expression from the model and it is defiantly a picture my target audience would aspire to. The lighting is improved a lot more on this picture as Daniels face is really lit up and this shows his facial expression and emotion. The use of the shot showing the whole body makes Daniel look tall and therefore he is being represented as authoritative and powerful. 

I like the photo due to the lighting and the lack of shadows. However i do not like mid shots as they are not best suited for my magazine front cover and double page spread.


I decided to do different shots to have different variation of the same photo and mode. in this photo i told Dan to face his back to the camera. This give an effect of him looking at where he is about to go.

I also told Dan to turn and look at his camera whilst he had his back  to it which gave it an air of authority.



2 comments:

  1. Hi Owen, looking good but still a bit limited on the annotation side.
    • Please make comments on style, lighting, props, pose etc as these are all very important decisions to make and you need to discuss why, why, why please.
    • The more information to your readers the better as it explains all of your creative thought process and decisions. You are going in the right direction just need more.
    • I will check your blog again in class on Tuesday for these updates.

    ReplyDelete